1. Keep your body well-fueled so it can burn consistently all day. Eat every 2-4 hours and avoid going long periods of time between meals
2. Each time you eat try to chose a combination of carbohydrate (fiber) with Protein or a Healthy fat (see tabs for carbs, pro, and fats)
3. Don’t deprive yourself! If you want something - have it in moderation - Really!
4. Eat mindfully - pay attention to what and how much you are eating
5. Eat slowly - give your stomach time to send the message to your brain that you’ve had enough
6. If you forget to eat, keep small snacks handy and set an alarm on your phone or computer
7. Stay hydrated. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day!
8. Get a water bottle that you love - you’re more likely to bring it with you
9. Consume at least 25-35 grams of naturally occurring fiber daily
10. Include healthy fats in your meals and snacks - fat helps trigger satiety, even from smaller portions
11. Smart snacking is wise, but mindless grazing can add up very quickly! Pay attention when you eat.
14. Never feel guilty about a food choice. If you aren’t proud of a behavior, immediately start taking steps for change
15. Keep a food record in the beginning to see what your habits and patterns are. Learning about yourself is very important information for success
16. Move every day, often - find something to do that makes you happy!